Energy & Climate Change
- The UK government should ensure there is an ongoing commitment to maintaining feed-in tariffs.
- I support and will vote for a complete moratorium on fracking.
- I support every school in the UK being able to run on solar power within the next 3 years, by freeing them to invest in solar and by removing barriers to the installation process.
- The £30 billion currently earmarked for road improvements should be reallocated to fund improvements in local sustainable transport such as local rail, buses, and active travel.
- I will vote against TTIP if the trade deal comes before Parliament.
- The Government should ensure the UK is on track to meet its commitments to reverse nature’s decline by 2020.
- The Government should introduce a national investment plan for rapid restoration of nature and our natural environment in the UK.
- The 2014 UK National Pollinator Strategy should be updated and extended with renewed action for bees and other pollinators by farmers, land owners, businesses and communities.
- The temporary restriction on use of particular neonicotinoid pesticides should be extended (to allow proper research into alternative ways to protect and produce crops in ways that are proven not to harm bees).