We are looking to recruit 3 people to new volunteer roles in the campaigns group at Birmingham Friends of the Earth. The roles are all unpaid (although we cover expenses) and part-time, so can be done by someone who already has a job and can fit this in around their work, or by someone who is currently looking for work and wants to gain experience.
Volunteer Fundraising and Membership Coordinator – filled
We are looking for someone to coordinate the membership and fundraising for our group, which we feel would consist of the following roles:
– To oversee the recruitment and retention of supporters/subscribers.
– To initiate drives for new supporters and encourage volunteers from within the group to assist.
– To organise the design of promotional materials to attract new supporters.
– To communicate with volunteers and staff on developments with supporter numbers.
– To liaise with external organisations about opportunities for collaboration on fundraising events.
– To liaise with the treasurer, update the campaigns budget and advise the coordinators on available funds.
– To communicate with existing subscribers through the website CRM system and phone.
You will be supported in this role by the Campaigns Support Worker (full-time employee), Campaigns Coordinators (volunteers) and other members of the campaigns group. You will be expected to attend strategy meetings once every 6 weeks, but otherwise can be flexible about when and where you do the work.
Volunteer Stalls Coordinator – filled
We are looking for someone to oversee the organisation of stalls at events in Birmingham for our campaigns group. We envisage the position consisting of the following roles to be performed in conjunction with the Campaigns Support Worker:
– To arrange a BFoE presence at events in Birmingham.
– To recruit volunteers to staff stalls.
– To ensure sufficient materials are available to take to stalls and are put back in the correct place afterwards.
– To liaise with Campaigns Action Group leaders to ensure their campaigns are sufficiently represented at stalls and volunteers are briefed on the issues.
– To liaise with the fundraising and membership coordinator to ensure materials are present and volunteers are briefed.
– To help ensure stalls are visually striking by making props or finding volunteers to do it.
– To advertise our presence at these stalls on the website/facebook and try to arrange blog posts to be written by those who attended.
You will be supported in this role by the Campaigns Support Worker (full-time employee), Campaigns Coordinators (volunteers) and other members of the campaigns group. You will be expected to attend strategy meetings once every 6 weeks, but otherwise can be flexible about when you do the work.
Volunteer Aviation Campaigner
We are looking for someone to lead on aviation campaigning. We have already done a lot of work on this in the past and have good links with national campaigners on the subject. Now we need someone to ensure that environmental messages are prominent in news coverage locally, the airport’s economic arguments for expansion are debunked and the council are not allowed to fund aviation expansion with public funds.
To do this role you will have excellent communication skills, an eye for detail and a personal commitment to bringing about environmental change through peaceful campaigning.
The role can be done at any time when you are available, as most of our campaigners also hold down full-time jobs. You will be supported by a group of experienced campaigners and be able to draw on the experience of members of staff from Friends of the Earth nationally.
Please contact Joe Peacock email@example.com 0121 6326909 for more information an informal chat about what the role will involve or to submit your application by cv and covering letter.