Birmingham City Council produced plans for widening Spring Hill and Dudley Road from Spring Hill Roundabout to Summerfield Park. The plans propose conversion of most of the road into a dual carriageway.
Birmingham Friends of the Earth has carefully studied these plans and believes that they are the wrong thing to do. It is better to build on the existing strengths of the community. The community should not be severed by a fast busy road.
If it goes ahead, the road scheme would:
- Destroy scores of trees on the Dudley Road and Heath Road.
- Create even heavier traffic.
- Worsen air pollution.
- Generally make it more difficult for pedestrians to cross the roads.
- Make pavements narrower in some places.
- Put cyclists on narrowed pavements to share with pedestrians.
We believe these plans will damage the environment and harm people’s health.
STOP THE DESTRUCTION – TAKE ACTION NOW! SIGN OUR PETITION HERE