We have been creating positive environmental change from our building and reaching out into the wider community for the last 40 years. We now need your support to ensure we can carry on doing so for another 40 years and to take our positive impct on the local community, economy and the environment to a new level.
With the city’s plans for HS2 happening on our doorstep, we are ideally placed to demonstrate an alternative community-lead model of regeneration, showcasing eco-renovation of existing buildings and how community engagement can deliver real benefits for people in our immediate vicinity, the city as a whole and more widely still.
By becoming a member and investor in this project, you have a vital role to play, not just in providing finance, but also in having a democratic say in shaping our future plans.
We are asking you to make an investment in Community Shares of between £250 and £10,000. If you are not able to become an investor, but would still like to support the project, you can make a donation through Local Giving (click on www.localgiving.org/charity/birminghamfoe). We also welcome volunteers – just give us a ring on 0121 632 6909 or call in for a chat.
Please note that, as an investor in Community Shares in Friends of the Earth (Birmingham) Ltd. your money is at risk if the business fails. Before completing your application for Community Shares, we require that you:
- Read the Share Offer document, including the Risk Statement at the start of the document;
- Wish to become a member of Friends of the Earth (Birmingham) Ltd.;
- Agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions within the Share Offer document and the Rules of Friends of the Earth (Birmingham) Ltd. understand that the Board of Directors of Friends of the Earth (Birmingham) Ltd. may reject your application and are not obliged to tell you why they have rejected it;
- Consent to receiving formal notices by email and links to formal documents on the Birmingham Fof the Earth website.
Our Terms and Conditions for investors are as follows:
- The data provided by you in your application will be stored on an electronic database. The data will only be used for Birmingham Friends of the Earth;s purposes and will not be passed to any third party;
- It is a condition of the Share Offer that to comply with the Money Laundering Regulations 2003, Birmingham Friends of Earth may at its absolute discretion require verification of the identity of anyone seeking to invest;
- To reduce our administration costs, we would like to be able to send you formotices by email and refer (by email) to documents posted on our website. By purchasing shares, you are consenting to receiving such notices by email and accessing documents through our website.
For more information and to invest click HERE